I am very excited about this project. My eight year old daughter and I collaborated on it together. I had this idea for a flipping gymnast but was not sure what I could use to attach the rubberband to. She suggested the box and this craft idea was born.
- if you are not using a shoebox‚ cut open “front” side of box
- draw background on paper and glue inside box
- cut out picture you plan on using as the “gymnast”
- glue to clothes pin
- punch holes as close to level as possible in either side of box
- wrap rubber band around popsicle stick
- thread other end of rubber band through both holes in box with popsicle stick on outside of one hole
- secure rubber band with second popsicle stick
- clip your gymnast to the rubber band
Big thanks to both my son and daughter who each made their own flipping gymnast box.